The creativity of the children in their follow-up work is a beautiful gift to witness and experience. Enjoy the following "gifts" they have shared … Read More
Discover Your Vocation at The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School
Applicants for all positions need to fill out an Employment Application.
Part Time Art Teacher
Posted: January 3, 2018
Closing: January 15, 2018
Art Teacher for Grades 1-7 (begins January 2018)
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School in Blaine, MN is seeking a part time Art Teacher for grades 1-7 beginning January 2018. Teacher will be working 1 day a week or 2 afternoons a week depending on availability. Art classes are held in the classroom.
Candidates should demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Adhere to the mission of The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School.
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic.
- Possess training in or a good understanding of elementary art education principles, curriculum, and best instructional practices.
- Have an understanding of the Montessori philosophy of education.
- Love God and desire to share their faith with others.
- Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development.
- Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency.
- Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff.
- Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, good will, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
Position Responsibilities include ensuring the safety and providing direct supervision of children in grades K-7, creating a community of respect, providing an engaging art curriculum, assessing and giving feedback to children and parents, preparing and cleaning the learning environment, and organizing and caring for art materials. Part-time position hours are 2 afternoons a week (or 1 full day). Art Teachers may be required to attend school meetings and trainings as required by Administration.
About The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School:
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School in Blaine, MN is committed to being the model for Catholic Montessori Education throughout the region. Founded in 1998 and located in the northern suburbs of the Twin Cities metro area, The Way of the Shepherd’s unique learning environment combines a solid faith formation program through the Catholic Catechesis of the Good Shepherd with an authentic Montessori education. The Way of the Shepherd serves approximately 85 students, ages 3 to 13 (preschool through 7th grade). The accredited school is a designated nonprofit operated by an independent Board of Directors and is affiliated with the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is a close-knit faith community where staff, children, and families support one another and learn and grow together. With a small and committed staff, candidates would be joining a learning community that goes above and beyond to be of service and to minister to one another.
Posted: June 10, 2017
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is currently looking for substitute teachers. Qualified candidates must hold a Montessori Diploma and must pass essential requirements for safe environment. Please fill out the online employment application by clicking the button below; please attach a resume and cover letter with your submission. For questions, please contact Tricia Menzhuber.