Last Tuesday, our two campuses came together to celebrate our Thanksgiving Feast with the elementary and adolescent communities. It was a beautiful … Read More
Discover Your Vocation at The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School
Applicants for all positions need to fill out an Employment Application.
Manager of Operations
Posted: May 21, 2019
Closing: June 30, 2019
The Way of the Shepherd, an independent Catholic Montessori school within the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, is seeking a Manager of Operations to help shape and execute the future direction of our rapidly growing school. This management-level position reports to the Head of School.
Successful candidates for this position will have experience in financial operations, preparation of financial statements, preparation of budgets and regular comparisons of budgeted and actual results, using financial accounting software, an understanding of facilities management, human resources, and technology management, and enjoy working in an education environment. Candidates must pass essential requirements for Safe Environment including a background check.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential for this post, as the Manager of Operations is required to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in order to carry out duties in relation to all school business matters. Respect for the Montessori method of education and for the teachings of the Catholic faith are essential for this post.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ experience in business management and proficiency using financial accounting software required. Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial statements.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of budgets and regular comparisons of budgeted and actual results.
- Experience with financial accounting software.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical, organizational, supervisory, and general management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver administrative services in a timely manner.
- Established financial management skills.
- Experience with Google Suite for internal document creation and management and Microsoft Office suite.
Job Description and Overview Duties:
- Efficiently manage the school financial business operations and regular business operations.
- Manage human resources functions for the school.
- Supervise work of administrative staff.
- Manage the school’s facilities, including improvement projects. Oversee the selection and supervision of contractors for facilities projects.
- Manage and oversee all external support services, including banking relationships, contracts and relationships with vendors and other non-employee service providers.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and ensure compliance of all applicable regulatory and legal, requirements including employment rules (Human Resources), nonprofit status, and facilities and safety. Direct activities, as needed, to maintain compliance.
- Work with the Head of School to administer personnel, facilities, safety, security, and other operational procedures.
- Manage the administrative portion of the admissions process to maintain student enrollment.
- Oversee and manage audit preparations..
- Assist in grant writing and track grant-restricted funds.
- Coordinate interactions with the local school district.
- Oversee purchasing for the school.
- Prepares financial reports as requested by the Board of Directors
- Ensure the school maintains all necessary records for financial operations, students, personnel, and other entities ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations and certification requirements.
- Maintain positive relationships within the school and surrounding community.
Employment by The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is substantially different from secular employment. The Way of the Shepherd employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Catholic Church. Their behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis such that it can embarrass the Church, the Archdiocese or the Way of the Shepherd, or give rise to scandal.
Hours align with school-day hours. There is opportunity for reduced office hours and working remotely during scheduled breaks, including summer.
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is a licensed and accredited Pre-K through eighth grade school located in Blaine, MN. We provide a nurturing learning environment personalized to each child and centered on God, helping them grow in holiness and become contributing members of society for God’s greater glory.
Posted: January 23, 2019
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is currently looking for substitute teachers. Qualified candidates must hold a Montessori Diploma and must pass essential requirements for safe environment. Please fill out the online employment application by clicking the button below; please attach a resume and cover letter with your submission. For questions, please contact JoAnn Schulzetenberg.