The creativity of the children in their follow-up work is a beautiful gift to witness and experience. Enjoy the following "gifts" they have shared … Read More
Discover Your Vocation at The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School
Applicants for all positions need to fill out an Employment Application.
Head of School
Posted: June 8, 2018
Position Title: Head of School
Reports To: Board of Directors
School Mission: To cooperate with God’s plan for the salvation of souls by guiding children to Christ through the union of our Catholic faith and the Montessori method.
The Way of the Shepherd was the first Catholic Montessori school in the Twin Cities. Since 1998, the school’s unique learning environment has combined strong faith formation with an authentic Montessori education. The Way of the Shepherd is an accredited nonprofit that serves over 100 students, ages 3 to 14 (preschool through 8th grade), with plans to double in size in the coming years. We’re looking for an outstanding leader to help guide the next chapter in our growth.
The Head of School is entrusted by an independent Board of Directors to advance the mission and vision of The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School. As the face of the school, this role includes direction of day-to-day operations, management of teachers and staff, communication with parents, students and the community, as well as development of donor relationships.
- Promote the mission and Catholic identity of The Way of the Shepherd.
- Live the moral and religious teachings of the Catholic Church.
- 3+ years of experience in school or business administration including budget and people management.
- Excellent spoken, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership style that encourages respect, collaboration, and open communication with parents, staff, donors, volunteers, and board members.
- Montessori certification or a thorough knowledge of the Montessori philosophy.
- Certification or willingness to complete Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training.
- Master’s Degree in education, business, or equivalent.
ACADEMICS & MANAGEMENT
- Lead academic staff in ongoing improvement of the curriculum and environments.
- Drive the academic and archdiocesan accreditation processes.
- Facilitate staff meetings, school gatherings, and parent education sessions.
- Oversee hiring activities and new employee on-boarding.
- Manage staff compensation and benefits in compliance with employment law.
- Lead the school’s professional development plan.
COMMUNICATION & DEVELOPMENT
- Foster effective communication among staff, volunteers, parents, board, the local community, and relevant professional organizations.
- Ensure web and marketing materials are current and strategically aligned.
- Publish press releases, the annual report, and other key communications.
- Set development goals and oversee fundraising activities.
- Direct volunteer activities in alignment with school priorities.
- Apply for grants that advance the school’s mission.
OPERATIONS & GOVERNANCE
- Create annual budget and track variances throughout the year.
- Create enrollment plan and lead recruitment efforts.
- Lead outreach for donor development.
- Ensure internal controls are in place for financial reports.
- Oversee data management and educational technology.
- Enforce safety and health policies in accordance with legal requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of school grounds and facilities.
- Attend monthly board meetings and inform the group on progress to goals.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the evolution of the school’s strategic plan.
Submit application and upload resume below.
Elementary Teaching Assistant
Posted: June 2, 2018
Closing: June 30, 2018
Elementary Assistant for Grades 1-3 (begins August, 2018)
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School in Blaine, MN is seeking Catholic Montessori Elementary Assistant Teacher for its Lower Elementary classroom (ages 6-9 years) beginning August 2018. This classroom is a multi-age learning environment where the teacher (Guide) acts as a guide for children’s learning and the assistant supports the Guide.
Candidates should demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Adhere to the mission of The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School.
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic.
- Have or build an understanding of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and work with trained catechists in the faith formation of children. Trained catechists preferred.
- Have an understanding of the Montessori philosophy of education. Certification from the AMI Montessori Assistants’ Course preferred.
- Love God and desire to share their faith with others.
- Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development.
- Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency.
- Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, especially the Elementary Guide.
- Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, good will, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
Position Responsibilities include ensuring the safety and providing direct supervision of children ages 6-9 years, assisting the Guide in maintaining a community of respect in the classroom, observing the children as they work, preparing and cleaning the learning environment, and caring for classroom materials. Position hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 or 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM which include early childcare supervision, preparation time in the morning, recess supervision, and preparation time in the afternoon. Assistants also attend all school events and school meetings as required by Guides and Administration. Position runs from mid-August through early June.
About The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School:
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School in Blaine, MN is committed to being the model for Catholic Montessori Education throughout the region. Founded in 1998 and located in the northern suburbs of the Twin Cities metro area, The Way of the Shepherd’s unique learning environment combines a solid faith formation program through the Catholic Catechesis of the Good Shepherd with an authentic Montessori education. The Way of the Shepherd serves approximately 110 students, ages 3 to 14 (preschool through 8th grade). The accredited school is a designated nonprofit operated by an independent Board of Directors and is affiliated with the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is a close-knit faith community where staff, children, and families support one another and learn and grow together. With a small and committed staff, candidates would be joining a learning community that goes above and beyond to be of service and to minister to one another.
Posted: June 2, 2018
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is currently looking for substitute teachers. Qualified candidates must hold a Montessori Diploma and must pass essential requirements for safe environment. Please fill out the online employment application by clicking the button below; please attach a resume and cover letter with your submission. For questions, please contact Michelle Benson.