Last Tuesday, our two campuses came together to celebrate our Thanksgiving Feast with the elementary and adolescent communities. It was a beautiful … Read More
Discover Your Vocation at The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School
Applicants for all positions need to fill out an Employment Application.
Head of School
Posted: January 23, 2019
Position Title: Head of School
Reports To: Board of Directors
School Mission: To cooperate with God’s plan for the salvation of souls by guiding children to Christ through the union of our Catholic faith and the Montessori method.
The Way of the Shepherd was the first Catholic Montessori school in the Twin Cities. Since 1998, the school’s unique learning environment has combined strong faith formation with an authentic Montessori education. The Way of the Shepherd is an accredited nonprofit that serves over 100 students, ages 3 to 14 (preschool through 8th grade), with plans to double in size in the coming years. We’re looking for an outstanding leader to help guide the next chapter in our growth.
The Head of School is entrusted by an independent Board of Directors to advance the mission and vision of The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School. As the face of the school, this role includes direction of day-to-day operations, management of teachers and staff, communication with parents, students and the community, as well as development of donor relationships.
- Promote the mission and Catholic identity of The Way of the Shepherd.
- Live the moral and religious teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Hold Minnesota administrative licensure or a masters degree in education.
- 3+ years of experience in school or business administration including budget and people management.
- Montessori certification or a thorough knowledge of the Montessori philosophy
- Certification or willingness to complete Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training.
- Demonstrate a collaborate leadership style with excellent spoken, written, and interpersonal skills.
ACADEMICS & MANAGEMENT
- Lead academic staff in ongoing improvement of the curriculum and environments.
- Drive the academic and archdiocesan accreditation processes.
- Facilitate staff meetings, school gatherings, and parent education sessions.
- Oversee hiring activities and new employee on-boarding.
- Manage staff compensation and benefits in compliance with employment law.
- Lead the school’s professional development plan.
COMMUNICATION & DEVELOPMENT
- Foster effective communication among staff, volunteers, parents, board, the local community, and relevant professional organizations.
- Ensure web and marketing materials are current and strategically aligned.
- Publish press releases, the annual report, and other key communications.
- Set development goals and oversee fundraising activities.
- Direct volunteer activities in alignment with school priorities.
- Apply for grants that advance the school’s mission.
OPERATIONS & GOVERNANCE
- Create annual budget and track variances throughout the year.
- Create enrollment plan and lead recruitment efforts.
- Lead outreach for donor development.
- Ensure internal controls are in place for financial reports.
- Oversee data management and educational technology.
- Enforce safety and health policies in accordance with legal requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of school grounds and facilities.
- Attend monthly board meetings and inform the group on progress to goals.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the evolution of the school’s strategic plan.
Submit application and upload resume below.
Director of Finance and Operations
Posted: March 6, 2019
Closing: March 29, 2019
The Way of the Shepherd, an independent Catholic Montessori school within the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, is seeking a Director of Operations to help shape and execute the future direction of our rapidly growing school. This management-level position reports to the Head of School.
Successful candidates for this position will have experience in financial operations, preparation of financial statements in conformance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States, preparation of budgets and regular comparisons of budgeted and actual results, using financial accounting software, grant writing, an understanding of facilities management, human resources, and technology management, and enjoy working in an education environment. Candidates must pass essential requirements for Safe Environment including a background check.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are essential for this post, as the Director of Operations is required to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in order to carry out duties in relation to all school business matters. Respect for the Montessori method of education and for the teachings of the Catholic faith are essential for this post.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience in business management and proficiency using financial accounting software required. Working knowledge of nonprofit organizations appreciated.
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of financial statements in conformance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of budgets and regular comparisons of budgeted and actual results.
- Experience with financial accounting software and grant writing.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical, organizational, supervisory, and general management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver administrative services in a timely manner.
- Established financial management skills
- Experience with Google Suite for internal document creation and management and Microsoft Office suite
Job Description and Overview Duties:
- Efficiently manage the school financial business operations and regular business operations.
- Manage human resources functions for the school.
- Supervise work of administrative staff
- Manage the school’s facilities, including improvement projects. Oversee the selection and supervision of contractors for facilities projects.
- Manage and oversee all external support services, including banking relationships, contracts and relationships with vendors and other non-employee service providers.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and ensure compliance of all applicable regulatory and legal, requirements including employment rules (Human Resources), nonprofit status, and facilities and safety. Direct activities, as needed, to maintain compliance.
- Work with the Head of School to administer personnel, facilities, safety, security, and other operational procedures.
- Manage the administrative portion of the admissions process to maintain student enrollment.
- Oversee and manage audit preparations and ensure compliance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States.
- Write grants and track grant-restricted funds.
- Coordinate interactivities with the local school district.
- Oversee purchasing for the school.
- Prepares financial reports as requested by the Board of Directors
- Ensure the school maintains all necessary records for financial operations, students, personnel, and other entities ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations and certification requirements.
- Maintain positive relationships within the school and surrounding community.
Employment by The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is substantially different from secular employment. The Way of the Shepherd employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Catholic Church. Their behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal.
Hours align with school-day hours. There is opportunity for reduced office hours and working remotely during scheduled breaks, including summer.
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is a licensed and accredited Pre-K through eighth grade school located in Blaine, MN. We provide a nurturing learning environment personalized to each child and centered on God, helping them grow in holiness and become contributing members of society for God’s greater glory.
Posted: January 23, 2019
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is currently looking for substitute teachers. Qualified candidates must hold a Montessori Diploma and must pass essential requirements for safe environment. Please fill out the online employment application by clicking the button below; please attach a resume and cover letter with your submission. For questions, please contact JoAnn Schulzetenberg.