After the candles were lit at the Model Altar, a 3-year-old said... - “I want to go to the Church.” After restoring her work, she immediately … Read More
Discover Your Vocation at The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School
Applicants for all positions need to fill out an Employment Application.
Head of School
Posted: June 8, 2018
Position Title: Head of School
Reports To: Board of Directors
School Mission: To cooperate with God’s plan for the salvation of souls by guiding children to Christ through the union of our Catholic faith and the Montessori method.
The Way of the Shepherd was the first Catholic Montessori school in the Twin Cities. Since 1998, the school’s unique learning environment has combined strong faith formation with an authentic Montessori education. The Way of the Shepherd is an accredited nonprofit that serves over 100 students, ages 3 to 14 (preschool through 8th grade), with plans to double in size in the coming years. We’re looking for an outstanding leader to help guide the next chapter in our growth.
The Head of School is entrusted by an independent Board of Directors to advance the mission and vision of The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School. As the face of the school, this role includes direction of day-to-day operations, management of teachers and staff, communication with parents, students and the community, as well as development of donor relationships.
- Promote the mission and Catholic identity of The Way of the Shepherd.
- Live the moral and religious teachings of the Catholic Church.
- 3+ years of experience in school or business administration including budget and people management.
- Excellent spoken, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Leadership style that encourages respect, collaboration, and open communication with parents, staff, donors, volunteers, and board members.
- Montessori certification or a thorough knowledge of the Montessori philosophy.
- Certification or willingness to complete Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training.
- Master’s Degree in education, business, or equivalent.
ACADEMICS & MANAGEMENT
- Lead academic staff in ongoing improvement of the curriculum and environments.
- Drive the academic and archdiocesan accreditation processes.
- Facilitate staff meetings, school gatherings, and parent education sessions.
- Oversee hiring activities and new employee on-boarding.
- Manage staff compensation and benefits in compliance with employment law.
- Lead the school’s professional development plan.
COMMUNICATION & DEVELOPMENT
- Foster effective communication among staff, volunteers, parents, board, the local community, and relevant professional organizations.
- Ensure web and marketing materials are current and strategically aligned.
- Publish press releases, the annual report, and other key communications.
- Set development goals and oversee fundraising activities.
- Direct volunteer activities in alignment with school priorities.
- Apply for grants that advance the school’s mission.
OPERATIONS & GOVERNANCE
- Create annual budget and track variances throughout the year.
- Create enrollment plan and lead recruitment efforts.
- Lead outreach for donor development.
- Ensure internal controls are in place for financial reports.
- Oversee data management and educational technology.
- Enforce safety and health policies in accordance with legal requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of school grounds and facilities.
- Attend monthly board meetings and inform the group on progress to goals.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the evolution of the school’s strategic plan.
Submit application and upload resume below.
Posted: June 2, 2018
The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is currently looking for substitute teachers. Qualified candidates must hold a Montessori Diploma and must pass essential requirements for safe environment. Please fill out the online employment application by clicking the button below; please attach a resume and cover letter with your submission. For questions, please contact Michelle Benson.