The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is seeking a BOLD new Head of School to lead us as we continue to build our BRIGHT future.
The Way of the Shepherd was the first Catholic Montessori school in the Twin Cities and has become a model for other Catholic Montessori’s. Since 1998, our unique learning environment has combined strong faith formation with an authentic Montessori education. The Way of the Shepherd serves over 100 students, ages preschool through 8th grade. We are a vibrant, growing community forming faith-filled children who succeed in and positively impact the world around them. We are looking for an outstanding leader to help guide the next chapter in our growth.
Growing Our Mission
- WOS has experienced over 50% enrollment increase since 2014
- WOS turns away 0 families due to financial contraints
- WOS created a robust Annual Fund to support our expansion
- In 2017 WOS expanded, adding 3 new classrooms, programs and staff
- In 2018 WOS will operate a full Adolescent Program for grades 7-8
The Head of School is entrusted by an independent Board of Directors. The Head of School is the primary advocate for our school, communicating with our families and the larger community and developing donor relationships. He or she will direct day-to-day operations, managing a robust faculty and a growing staff.
- Adhere to the mission of The Way of the Shepherd.
- Actively practice the moral and religious teachings of the Catholic Church in public and personal life.
- Explain, enhance, and promote the Catholic identity of the school.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in education, administration, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in school or business administration including finance and organizational management.
- Montessori Certification or a thorough knowledge of the Montessori philosophy.
- Certification or willingness to complete Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training.
- Demonstrate excellent spoken, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a management style that encourages respect, collaboration, and open communication with parents, staff, donors, volunteers, and board members.
- Utilize prioritization and delegation to balance school priorities and required tasks.
ACADEMICS & MANAGEMENT
- Lead academic staff in ongoing improvement of the curriculum and environments.
- Drive the academic and archdiocesan accreditation processes.
- Facilitate staff meetings, school gatherings, and parent education sessions.
- Oversee hiring activities and new employee on-boarding.
- Manage staff compensation and benefits in compliance with employment law.
- Lead the school’s professional development plan.
COMMUNICATION & DEVELOPMENT
- Foster effective communication among staff, volunteers, parents, board, the local community, and relevant professional organizations.
- Ensure web and marketing materials are current and strategically aligned.
- Publish press releases, the annual report, and other key communications.
- Set development goals and oversee fundraising activities.
- Direct volunteer activities in alignment with school priorities.
- Apply for grants that advance the school’s mission.
OPERATIONS & GOVERNANCE
- Create annual budget and track variances throughout the year.
- Create enrollment plan and lead recruitment efforts.
- Lead outreach for donor development.
- Ensure internal controls are in place for financial reports.
- Oversee data management and educational technology.
- Enforce safety and health policies in accordance with legal requirements.
- Ensure proper maintenance of school grounds and facilities.
- Attend monthly board meetings and inform the group on progress to goals.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the evolution of the school’s strategic plan.
Why The Way of The Shepherd? Because we…
- Nurture the proven developmental stages of childhood
- Cultivate a sense of wonder in each student
- Honor the dignity of every child
- Develop disciplined, independent, and successful learners
- Partner with parents to ensure that our children are spiritually nourished, intellectually stimulated, and receive an education for life
- Are conveniently located in the rapidly growing city of Blaine
The Way of the Shepherd graduates are thoughtful leaders who practice their faith and are involved in their parishes. They have developed a true love of learning and the skills necessary to meet life’s challenges and bring about positive change in their communities.