The Board of Directors is a group of volunteers working diligently to advance the mission and vision of The Way of the Shepherd Catholic Montessori School. Not only do Board Members accept the legal duties of running our school, they also demonstrate a personal commitment to our community by generating outside support and excitement for the school’s strategic initiatives and sharing their own expertise.
2022-2023 Board of Directors
- TJ Arrowsmith, Board Chair
- Channing Beaudry, Vice Chair
- Chris Gams, Treasurer
- Nadina Furness
- Mark Vogel
- JoAnn Schulzetenberg, Head of School, ex-officio
THE BOARD TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR:
- Hiring and evaluating the Head of School
- Participating actively in the strategic planning for The Way of the Shepherd
- Representing The Way of the Shepherd in the community
- Bringing knowledge of the community to the board’s discussions
- Generating financial resources for the continued development, operations, and maintenance of The Way of the Shepherd and its programs
- Recruiting and orienting new members of the Board of Directors
- Overseeing the annual audit to ensure that the organization is fiscally solvent and a responsible steward of the resources with which it has been entrusted
- Monitoring progress toward established goals
- Ensuring that appropriate operational policies are in place
To ensure efficiency, the Board of Directors staffs three committees to assist them with their good work.
The executive committee is formed by the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and any other director as appointed by the President. The executive committee enables the WOS Board of Directors to conduct urgent business when a regular meeting is not timely and the full board cannot readily be convened. The committee also provides the Head of School with a confidential sounding board for insights and advice from trusted leaders.
The Finance Committee is chaired by the Treasurer of the Board and works with other board members, parents, and outside community members to discuss and make recommendations to The Way of the Shepherd Board of Directors in the area of finance. The committee takes on the task of monitoring tuition rates, fees, and tuition assistance policies. It also helps the school follow proper internal controls, monitors the budgeting process, and continues to seek alternative revenue streams for the school.
The Advancement Committee is chaired by a Board Member and consists of board members, parents, and outside community members to discuss and make recommendations to the Board of Directors in the areas of marketing, recruitment and retention, development, and fundraising.