The first candle is for hope. The children, 3 years through 3rd grade, said…
– Jesus came to save us. That gives us hope.
– Because He is the light for everyone.
– Because He brings us love.
The second candle is for peace. We pondered the prophecy of Isaiah 11:6-9…
– Animals are peaceful together.
– A child leads them.
– Knowledge of the Lord covers the earth like water.
– It sounds like Parousia!
The third candle is for joy. The children shared who received joy from Jesus…
– John the Baptist.
– The shepherds.
– The kings.
– All of us!
The fourth candle, which we did not light, is for love. The children shared…
– Jesus loves us.
– Jesus dies for us to save us.
– AND He is risen!
– Jesus is the light and He brings us love.