(A song recently composed by a 5th year)
God I know you’re with me every day,
But sometimes from your flock I stray,
And lock myself away from your grace and mercy.
But every hour of the day,
I know that help is on the way
‘Cause your life down you laid for me.
You won’t abandon your sheep, Lord.
You will not sleep until they are safe, Lord.
You protect us with your life ’cause you are our Shepherd, Lord.
Your Body and Blood to use you gave,
Then you amazed us by rising from the grave.
Oh, you truly are the Good Shepherd!
– “Maxims aren’t rules but they are something you can grow in.”
– “They are like a quote from God.”
– “Maxims are something God instructs you to do. They are not rules but more like priorities.”
– “They are things that can make your life easier and are advice to help you get to heaven.”
– “A maxim is like the word ‘maximum’ which means ‘the most’ because they help you to be the best you can be.”
The following is a work choice made by a 3rd grader. He read and pondered several Parables, using the materials to aid his meditation. Then he made a list of all of the Maxims being lived in that parable.